We offer a unique mix of creative spaces ranging from 300 - 5,000+/- sq. ft. A studio escape, a retail hub, a collaborative office... our spaces are a palette for you to make your own.
ARTISTS STUDIOS & GALLERIES
CREATIVE OFFICE SPACES
CONFERENCE & EVENT SPACES
DISTRIBUTION & LIGHT MANUFACTURING
The building now known as Artthaus Studios began its life in 1916 as the H.G. Prince Cannery, later becoming the Del Monte Cannery, and is the last remaining Cannery building in what was once the largest canning district in the region. The Property was originally built in 5 stages over the span of 40 years, and is a testament to Oakland’s history of reinvention with the tone of industry — transitioning from a Cannery, to a manufacturing facility, to a creative hub for the East Bay and the greater Bay Area.
- Creative Private Artist/Maker Studios
- Abundant Natural Light and 24' + Ceiling Heights
- Fully accessible business center
- Private Conference Rooms
- Community Lounge and Kitchen
- Rooftop Lounge with expansive city views
- Curated artist installations highlighting local artists
- 24 Hour/365 Day access
- Secure Wi-Fi with 75+ MBPS connections
- Studio Storage Available
- Conveniently located near Fruitvale Bart & 880
- Gated and Off Street Parking
- Secure Bicycle Parking
- Shower room
- Facilities management on site
- Mail and package room
- Furnished Suites Available
The HISTORIC LUCASEY building has been transformed inside and out through collaborations with local artists that highlight the vibrant energy that is fueling Oakland's creative industry.
A VIBRANT HUB AT THE HEART OF OAKLAND
The creative transformation of the historic Lucasey building is a representation of an East Bay that is now brimming with artistic talent. The exterior of the building, covering a full city block, serves as a work of art itself, featuring mural art by Charlie Edminston and vintage street art by Vogue and other influential Oakland aerosol artists.
A HOME FOR CREATIVE COLLABORATION
Designed to bring together elements of creative industry from designer to maker to builder, Artthaus Studios is a home for small business and artists to create, engage with clients and have the opportunity to grow their network, passion and business.
AN ARTIST'S TOUCH
“It’s been such an honor to reinvent this iconic Oakland building, and while I’ve painted many walls internationally, there’s nothing like being able to share my talents in my very own neighborhood. I know that Artthaus Studios will be an exciting place where creatives can come together and build community, and I look forward to moving my studio here”. - Allison Torneros aka "Hueman"
IN THE NEWS
San Francisco Business Times 2/22/18
"We wanted to tailor the spaces to be for small, young businesses — entrepreneurial, small businesses, ideally in the creative industries," said Taplin. "We wanted to create an environment, which made them competitive. We want to make it easy to collaborate. We wanted to make it easy for them to seek out customers." - Riaz Taplin, CEO
Come Join Us. Spaces Now Available for Lease.
Like what you see? Fill out the contact information below and our Artthaus Studios team will coordinate a time to chat or have you visit. We are also available via email at leasing@ArtthausStudios.com
Please complete the form below
CONVENIENT COMMUTE CENTRALLY LOCATED IN BAY AREA
- A half mile from Fruitvale BART, a few short blocks from the future BRT rapid bus line
- Minutes away from downtown Oakland with immediate access to 880
- Only 20 minutes from San Francisco and easily accessible by car to the rest of the Bay.
- Close to Alameda and Fruitvale amenities including a variety of shops, restaurants, markets and office/mail services
Click for more about Our Neighborhood and Community